LMtec Group provides a variety of consulting services including front end strategy and planning, selection, migration, business process automation, blueprinting, development, training, upgrade, roll out and systems integration related to the Product or Asset Lifecycle Management (PLM/ALM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Projects Portfolio Management (PPM).
Our objective in any consulting engagement is to improve the current state of operational and organizational efficiencies and to streamline the value creation chain.
LMtec believes that industry and corporate challenges are met by aligning organizations with business processes enabled by technology. Alignment of organizational resources with the required effort to gain competitiveness in the market requires long term directional roadmaps that take into account industry challenges, constraints, and enabling methodology.
As a result our team focuses on the combination of technology, organizational structure, and business processes in order to ensure that the roadmaps are realistic and leverage our valued client’s current investments and existing initiatives.
LMtec provides beyond-the-box critical thinking, problem-solving and project management techniques in order to provide the most intellectually common sense solution.
Supporting our clients by filling in the capacity gaps for technical and SME resources our team works together with the appropriate technical and business client resources to craft an effective solution.
Lastly our consultants act as catalyst for bringing about operational and organizational excellence for our clients, and they take ethics and legal compliance very seriously to support their sponsors and stakeholders to meet their target business goals and directives.
- Optimizing engineering processes
- Profitabilty analysis for PLM
- PLM process modeling
- PLM harmonization
PLM system implementation services
LMtec Group is passionate about leveraging technology to improve business processes, product quality and customer satisfaction. Our skilled resources help our clients gain a competitive advantage by not only recommending but implementing and configuring solutions that lead to increased revenues, reduced operating costs, and improved efficiencies.
PLM design and implementation
- PLM solution architecture
- Application configuration
- Application customization
- Application integrations
- PLM upgrade
PLM design and implementation methodology
- Maturity and framework assessment
- Migration & conversion
The proposed PLM process oriented framework can be applied to guide PLM implementation at the industry.
Companies aiming to implement PLM can refer to the provided conceptual framework to establish their own framework, linking the company elements in a comprehensive PLM environment. Therefore, the following ten steps are necessary:
- Define the goal of the PLM implementation: according to the PLM definition companies can identify the most important points to focus on.
- Analyse the existent PLM foundation: the ability of the current product structure to support PLM must be analysed and if necessary enhanced.
- Rank processes: the processes to be implemented can be selected from the PLM process list, considering company aims and the expected benefits.
- Identify company maturity level (as-is process): comprehends the mapping of company current processes (only for the previously selected processes).
- Select an appropriate reference model: from the provided set of reference models, it is possible to identify the process type that best suits company characteristics.
- Customize reference model: although processes that target different kinds of company are available, processes must still be refined to reflect very specific business needs. The customized processes picture the to-be PLM scenario.
- Specify requirements for system selection: the vendor neutral software requirement catalogue related to the already configured processes provides the system specification.
- Select software solution: based on previously defined requirements and considering detailed software profiles.
- Define the evolution path and implement software solution: the differences between the as-is and to-be processes allow the definition of implementation roadmaps, including the necessary implementation of the selected software solution.
- Teach employees: the knowledge base connection to the processes indicates the new necessary qualification and provide the necessary training material and context.
This implementation approach in ten steps is derived from classical approaches for process engineering, but it goes a step further for PLM, as it considers the needs and conditions of
this area. As a result, a company specific PLM framework linking process, IT and knowledge is generated.
Functional training and user coaching
Whether talking of new installations, replacements or improvements of software solutions, it all implies new features and processes for the users. LMtec offers training and workshop concepts that covers your requirements on that topic. Based on your specific requirements we will define and implement a training concept to make your PLM implementation successful.
You can do trainings and workshops at any time. We are working together on a joint concept and its execution with professional consultants and trainers.
What we offer
- Individual coaching based on your organizational requirements (e.g. internal training, external training, key user concepts)
- General PLM workshops, like “What is PLM and why do we need it?”
- LMprime’ methodology trainings
- Technical and process-based Teamcenter trainings
- Teamcenter modules
- Active Workspace
- MCAD and ECAD integrations
- NX trainings
- Supporting and training during user acceptance tests
- Train the trainer
- Training on the job
- “What’s New” workshop based on the improvements of your PLM solution
How we do it
- Class-room training
- Blended learning
What kind of materials we create
- Classic paper-based or online documentation
- User manuals
- Key-User training manuals
- Reuse of LMprime’ content from concept and development phase as training content
PLM operations and maintenance
Ensuring our clients experience the maximum return on their investment!
LMtec Group priority: Provide global support in order to keep your PLM solution running at 100% efficiency and user acceptance.
Note: Our clients challenges: deploying new software and application updates/version typically require resources with expertise from a technical and operational perspective. (ramp up/down challenges, etc)
LMtec Group "Support" offerings:
- Multi-level support: Delivering phone, ticketing system and on-site support.
- Training: Administrative and end-user training.
- Administration: Managing the solution from a operational and data perspective, which include monitoring data creation, usage, volume and quality.
- Maintenance: Identifying and repairing application and or solution defects. If required, developing and providing appropriate and temporary workarounds.
- Enhancements: Identification and management of functional and operational enhancements to our clients PLM solution.
Note: Application enhancements will go through the LMprime quality and testing process to ensure quality and early user acceptance